Rate and Talk

National General Accident & Health

National General Accident & Health
3.0 1

National General Accident & Health, a division of NGHC, is focused on providing supplemental and short-term coverage options to individuals, associations and groups.

https://ngah-ngic.com/

1 Like

An unexpected need for temporary health insurance lead me to find National General Accident & Health. The price was not unreasonable to meet my bare minimum requirements, and although I had read some bad reviews, I didn’t have many options.

Thankfully, I never needed to file a claim, which is always the ideal scenario with any insurance. I can’t therefore speak to their actual ability to make good on their end of the policy.

I eventually was able to secure more proper and substantial health insurance, and was able to cancel my National General Accident & Health policy without issue.

The only things of note there is that figuring out how to cancel isn’t obvious, I assume by design. However, once I did call, their representative was very friendly and helpful, and didn’t give me any of the friction I assumed would be had. The conversation was short, polite, and to the point. Within 5 minutes I had my cancellation confirmed via email. It’s unfortunate that this is seen as a pleasant surprise instead of the norm, but I can at least say they aren’t doing anything wrong there.

My overall experience was neither bad nor good, it was just there.

1 Like