The Grail Lords

online-games
pbbg
role-playing
games
The Grail Lords
5.0 1

Continue your Sacred Quest in this wonderful world filled with adventure, mystery and danger!
Use your skills to become a renowned craftsman, a cunning bastard or a noble knight. Grow in reputation and prepare yourself to become a real Grail Legend!

https://thegraillords.net/

The Grail Lords Review

The Grail Lords (TGL) is a free text-based MMORPG, set in a land of Medieval Fantasy.

Once you step into the realm, there are a variety of game paths for your hero to choose from. You can chop wood or gather herbs in the forest, raise animals on your ranch, brew beer for your fellow townspeople, or train in combat and fight off highwaymen on the roads. There are also a variety of well-written quests to enjoy.

In TGL, you gain stamina once every 24 hours, so once you get the hang of things it’s possible to play for just 5-15 minutes a day. If you have more time, you can make friends and find deals in the tavern - just this week I traded a potion for some cheese. There are also a handful of realm events each year, which are the closest TGL comes to PvP. While players never fight each other, they do compete to cook the best meals during the autumn feast, or to deal the most damage when barbarians attack the realm in the spring.

F2P/P2W Perspective

TGL is a relatively F2P-friendly game. You can do whatever you want and progress to 100 in any skill without paying a dime. You can also use everyday currency to buy premium currency, or gain premium currency for free by voting for TGL every day. That being said, events are generally dominated by a handful of older players and people who’ve spent money on the game. Still, the benefits they gain from winning these events aren’t too overpowering, and it’s very easy to enjoy your life in the realm without spending anything.

Upcoming Update

Town Games: In the coming weeks, a new update will be unveiled allowing citizens to compete for glory on behalf of their towns. For example, the log hauling contest will test your strength, wood chopping, and walking skills. Not to worry, there’s a generous luck roll involved that will give younger players a chance to win too.

The stamina requirement and rewards for the town games won’t be too significant, but it will be a great new way to show off your skills and build camaraderie with your town’s citizens each week. I’m personally very pumped to see how this impacts the game and community.

Why Not To Play

Gamers who love to grind their way to domination will probably pass on this game, as it takes quite a bit of daily patience to progress. It’s also hard (but not impossible) to top the leaderboards without spending money, since the game has been running for over 10 years.

TGL is also a one-man-show, so it can understandably take time to get major updates up and running. You also shouldn’t expect the flashiest presentation or graphics.

Why To Play

The game has an incredibly friendly and generous community of around 200 players, who make the game a blast to play. The mechanics of TGL are also unique among browser MMORPGs, and allow you to choose between dozens of character paths. It’s also nice to be able to play for just a few minutes a day when you’re busy, without losing any progress. Of all the browser games I’ve tried, this is the only one I’ve continued to play for any length of time, and almost two years later I’m still enjoying the ride!

Clean Link: https://thegraillords.net/

Referral Link: https://www.thegraillords.net/registration.php?referral=2852

Thanks for reading my review! I know I’m biased since it’s my favorite game, but I tried to present the pros and cons as clearly as I could.